COVID Policy for Wild Nights 2021
At the last business meeting, we discussed how to handle the COVID. The decision that the membership came to is as follows:
- All attendees must show either proof of COVID vaccination or a negative COVID test within the last 5 days. Those who cannot produce either will not be permitted to register or to be on site.
- Those who are not vaccinated will be required to wear a mask at all times when not actively sleeping or eating/drinking. At those times, social distancing is encouraged.
- At this time, we are planning on requiring masks to be worn properly indoors except when sleeping, regardless of vaccination status. However, we are hoping, given that the case counts may be trending downward and more people are getting vaccinated, that by the time the event occurs it may be possible for vaccinated attendees to go maskless for the event.
- We are asking people to, as they can, practice social distancing while at the event (e.g. try not to stand close together in line for food or reg.
If you are uncomfortable with these guidelines, and have already pre-registered, you may cancel your registration on the website, or contact regwildnights.org to request a refund.
Wild Nights 2021!
As things are starting to return to some sense of normalcy, we are pleased to announce that Wild Nights 2021 will be held this fall, from October 28th, 2021 to November 1st, 2021! Observant readers may notice notice that this includes Halloween and as such, that will be our theme this year! MLW has graciously agreed to be our Guest of Honor for this year, as well as for 2022. Art for the website will be coming soon.
Wild Nights will return to its usual late-April timeslot in 2022. The reservations are already made for April 21st, 2022 through April 25th, 2022, where we will be doing our Yellow Brick Road theme. MLW and Oddy will be our Guests of Honor, and with luck, just like Dorothy's journey to Oz, we can pretend the whole pandemic was just a dream.
Pre-registrations for Wild Nights 2020 are still in the system, and will apply to Wild Nights 2021 (in October). We will be contacting those who have pre-registered when we open up registration again.
- If you have pre-registered and paid for Wild Nights 2020 and can attend in Wild Nights 2021 in October, you don't need to do anything. You're all set!
- If you have pre-registered and paid for Wild Nights 2020 but cannot attend Wild Nights 2021 in October, you have two choices. You can cancel your registration, in which case your payment will return to you as a 'store credit' you can use for future years, or you can contact regwildnights.org to request a refund.
- If you have pre-registered but not paid for Wild Nights 2020 and plan to attend Wild Nights 2021 in October, you can simply complete the payment process.
- If you have pre-registered but not paid for Wild Nights 2020 and cannot attend Wild Nights 2021 in October, you can simply cancel your registration.
Thank you to everyone for your patience through this whole situation, and we are looking forward to the first (and perhaps only) Halloween Wild Nights!
Wild Nights 2020 POSTPONED
Wild Nights 2020 has been officially postponed until 2021. After an emergency business meeting the decision was made to postpone Wild Nights until next year, due to the COVID-19 outbreak. These are events that are beyond our control.
The organization will be getting a refund of our deposit from the park. Having the event this year was not possible; the Oklahoma Parks department is not allowing any gathering of more than 10 people in keeping with CDC recommendations.
We're doing this as a 'postponement' instead of as a 'cancellation' because otherwise, by our Bylaws/rules, we would have to elect new Members at Large and appoint Event Directors, etc. By handling it as a cancellation, all those folks stay in their positions. Officers, however, will need to be re-elected, and nominations are now open for them on the business forum.
What if I've pre-registered?
Pre-registration is closed, and all registrations will be cancelled. Our usual policy is to have any money that has been paid be converted to 'store credit' to be used for previous years. If you wish a refund, then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and include the Paypal ID that was used to pay for your reg as well as your badge name. If you want to leave things pre-paid for next year, simply do nothing -- you'll have a credit.
What if I need a partial refund?
If you've paid for something like a shirt or, for example, for RV Hookup, and won't need it going forward, you can request a refund of just those items.
What about dues? How do those work?
In short, if you are currently a MESA member and have dues paid, then we are going to extend your dues by one year. This means that if you are a paid member, then you will remain a paid member.
If you are not a paid member currently, but would become one by the time Wild Nights happens, then you will not be a paid member during the next fiscal year. If you don't plan on voting, then this shouldn't be a problem. If you would like to become a paid member, then you can pay for MESA Dues on the website. The cost is $5.00 for a year.
What can I do to help?
First, take care of yourselves, your family, your friends, your loved ones. The most important thing for all of us to do during this trying time is to stay safe. This is a time for the whole nation and, indeed, the world, to come together. This virus doesn't care if you're gay or straight, male or female, Democrat or Republican, or what nation you're from. Keep in contact with friends and family and others in the community and make sure they're okay.
Wild Nights and MESA are fortunate enough that we're in decent financial shape. The only major expense we incur without having the event is the rent on the storage space, which we have enough in the bank to cover. Next year may be tight, but it looks like it should be fine.
If you want to help Wild Nights, then consider, if you have already pre-registered, letting your reg roll over. If you really want to donate to the event, and you are a MESA member, then contact Heros at email@example.com and let me know. The easiest way to donate is through Paypal.
However! You know who really needs your help? Our charity, Safari's Sanctuary. With the strain on grocery stores, they are not getting the donations of food that usually help to sustain them, and many of their volunteers have not been available. Money is tight, and with them losing the contributions of Wild Nights this year, this would be a great time to help them out during this difficult time. Just go to the website, click on Get Involved, then Donate. The animals need your help!
Wild Nights 2020
Wild Nights of OZ will be held April 23rd to 28th, 2020, at Robbers Cave State Park. Our Musical Guest will be Oddy, and our Artist Guest will be our own MLW!
Heros would like to apologize for the delays on the website. In November, I ended up moving, which involved a huge amount of time, plus getting the old house ready to put on the market. With everything else, this has delayed me getting the website updated and reg open, but that will come soon!
Medical Marijuana Rules
Oklahoma has recently updated their laws to legalize medical marijuana. We are following state law as per the park. A link to Oklahoma's medical marijuana laws:
Wild Nights Rules for the Use of Medical Marijuana
- Knowledge of Oklahoma state law toward the use of Medical Marijuana is the responsibility of the card holder and ignorance of the law is never an excuse. If there are any questions, there will be a copy of current state laws available to read in Con Ops.
- Medical Marijuana use IS allowed on the campsite, within designated
areas, of our convention to valid Oklahoma Medical Marijuana License holders
and those possessing a valid Oklahoma Temporary Patient License. Oklahoma
does not allow reciprocity with other states' medical marijuana cards except
through it's Oklahoma Temporary Patient License, meaning that Wild Nights
will not be recognizing out-of-state licenses.
If you are not an Oklahoma resident, then you will need to get a Temporary Patient Permit. Information is available here: Temporary Patient Application Information. If you have questions, contact our security officer.
- Medical Marijuana use is only allowed within designated areas and these areas are restricted to valid card holders, staff, and security personnel. Upon request of staff or security personnel, all people within the designated areas MUST provide their valid license.
- Sharing of Medical Marijuana, even between two valid license holders, is strictly forbidden.
- Medical Marijuana may NOT be stored in the cabins. Medical Marijuana must be either in your direct control at all times (in a pocket, bag, purse, etc.) or stored securely in your vehicle.
- All medical marijuana discovered, unattended, will be destroyed immediately.
- THE USE OR POSSESSION OF MARIJUANA BY THOSE NOT POSSESSING A VALID OKLAHOMA MEDICAL MARIJUANA LICENSE OR TEMPORARY PATIENT LICENSE WILL BE TREATED AS ILLEGAL POSSESSION OF A CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE AND THE MATTER WILL BE HANDED OVER TO LOCAL LAW ENFORCEMENT.
Any questions about this topic, please contact our head of security via securitywildnights.org.
Wild Nights 2019
2019 is here and we all know what that means, Wild Nights is on the horizon! Musical Guest of Honor Matthew Ebel is packing his birdseed and music. Artist Guest of Honor Zola is shining her hooves and packing her art gear. Staff is grabbing the last of the duct tape, and Safari's Sanctuary is getting excited to see everyone!
But there is a very important aspect that it needs. You guessed right, YOU!
We are currently open for panel submissions as well as opening up submissions for our 2019 Charity Drag show! So if you have an idea for a panel, or maybe a performance, you can click and submit away. And if you have any questions, you can contact our Event Director Pan-pan directly at Pandaberrystudiosgmail.com
Link to panel submission form:
Link to Charity Drag Show Submission form:
We can't wait to see y'all there!
Speaking of submissions, we are still open for conbook submissions for Wild Nights 2019! You can fill out and submit your advert to the link below! You can promote your business, a project, an event, a party, a wedding, or maybe just send us picture of your favorite doggo you just need to show off to the world!
Web Site Update
Some users have reported some issues with the menu button in the top left. This appears to be a function of browser caching in some fashion. Clearing the browser cache seems to have corrected this issue for those experiencing it.
Please feel free to join our telegram chat channel! Our channel can be found at https://t.me/mesaevents2019. Come join in the conversation!
Wild Nights 2019
Wild Nights 2019 will be held April 25th through 30th, 2019, at Robbers Cave State Park near Wilburton Oklahoma. The website will be updated soon with the new con-theme, and we will have more information posted about our theme and Guests of Honor soon!
Thanks for Ten Great Years!
Wild Nights 2018 was a huge success, with 282 attendees, and we raised over $5,000 for our charity, Safaris Santuary. We're already looking forward to next year!
Pre-Reg Open Soon
Pre-registartion for Wild Nights 2018 will be opening in the next couple of days. We are finalizing a few things -- apologies for it taking this long, as we were waiting on some artwork, and finally went to an alternative source. We are still making updates to a few places on the site.
Note: if the webpage still has elements of the old one, you can force-refresh your browser with 'Shift-F5'.
Wild Nights 2018!
Wild Nights 2018 will be held at Robbers Cave State Park from Thursday, April 26th to Tuesday, May 1st, 2018! Pre-registration and website update will be coming soon!
Pre-Registration Open For Wild Nights 2017!
Pre-registration is now open for Wild Nights 2017! Please get your registration in ASAP! Our Guests of Honor this year are True Blue and Pepper Coyote, plus a Mystery Guest of Honor to be announced at Opening Ceremonies!
Website Updated, Pre-reg Open Soon!
Website has been updated to the new look and feel. Apologies that it took so long! Pre-registration will be open soon, after we finalize a few more things!
Wild Nights 2017 Dates
Wild Nights 2017 will be held April 27th to May 2nd! Pre-registration will be opening soon, as well as the new, updated website! Our theme is Mystery on the Trails. Our Guests of Honor will be True Blue and Pepper Coyote, with a Mystery Guest of Honor to be revealed later!
Wild Nights 2016 Pre-Registration Open
Pre-registration is now open for Wild Nights 2016! Go to the Registration page and create an account. Remember, the price at the door is higher than pre-registration, so lock in your spot and save money on the event! We expect to have fairly high attendance this year, so it's important to lock in your spot!
Thanks to Nate Day who supplied the graphics and the 'look and feel' for the updated website!
Wild Nights 2016 Info!
We are getting ready to update the web site and open pre-registration. Wild Nights 2016 will be held at Robbers Cave State Park, April 21-26, 2016. Our Guests of Honor will be Corsi Husky and Nate Day!
We are doing the horseback riding event again this year! The cost is $50.00 for a 2+ hour guided tour on horseback through the scenic trails to and around Robbers Cave. Contact BlackDawg via BlackDuke2004gmail.com if you are interested.
Can't afford the cost of the event? We will be raffling off a seat in the saddle to one lucky winner! You can purchase raffle tickets at pre-registration or from the Wild Nights store. Tickets are $2.00 each, and the drawing will be held Friday night. You must be present at the time of the drawing to win. BlackDawg will donate $1.00 for each ticket sold to our charity (assuming he is not covering anything out of pocket for lack of tickets sold). If enough tickets are sold, we will do two drawings for multiple people to participate. Any proceeds over and above paying for the cost of the rides will go to our charity.